Gnocchi with gorgonzolaFrom yummyfood 8 years ago
- 1.3/4 Lbs potatoes gnocchi shopping list
- 1/3 Lb "Sweet" gorgonzola cheese (Italian gorgonzola Dolce) shopping list
- 1.1/2 Oz butter shopping list
- 1/4 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Grated parmigiano Reggiano + extra for topping shopping list
- miced chives (option) shopping list
- note: Outside Italy, it's easy to find products called gorgonzola that is not the real thing. When you purchase gorgonzola , be sure it has the "DOP" logo on the package. Do not use other blue cheese, because the sauce will be too sharp and strong. shopping list
- Directions shopping list
How to make it
- Step: 1 Dice gorgonzola cheese and put in a saucepan with milk, Parmigiano Reggiano, and butter.
- On very low heat, cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce has the consistency of heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Step: 2 Meanwhile bring plenty of salted water to a boil.
- Pour gnocchi in the water and cook until they are all floating.
- Drain and put gnocchi back in the pasta pot.
- Pour the sauce over gnocchi and stir gently for a minute.
- Arrange on serving dish and top with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Optionally garnish with minced chives.
The Cookyummyfood Vista, CA
The Rating3 people
Oh yeah...gorgonzola and gnocchi...YUM! We make our own gnocchi on my husband's grandmother's board. Never had gorgonzola sauce with it though!! It sounds luscious. 5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it
~ Hello ~
Thank-you for posting a "5'FORK!!!!! recipe
that is "Heaven on a Plate" ~
This is me SMILING (^_^) after I
have had a 'bite'~
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Cheese and gnocchi? What a better combination!?! Yum! ^5dancingfox in Butler loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!