Gnocchi with gorgonzolaFrom yummyfood 6 years ago
- 1.3/4 Lbs potatoes gnocchi shopping list
- 1/3 Lb "Sweet" gorgonzola cheese (Italian gorgonzola Dolce) shopping list
- 1.1/2 Oz butter shopping list
- 1/4 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Grated parmigiano Reggiano + extra for topping shopping list
- miced chives (option) shopping list
- note: Outside Italy, it's easy to find products called gorgonzola that is not the real thing. When you purchase gorgonzola , be sure it has the "DOP" logo on the package. Do not use other blue cheese, because the sauce will be too sharp and strong. shopping list
- Directions shopping list
How to make it
- Step: 1 Dice gorgonzola cheese and put in a saucepan with milk, Parmigiano Reggiano, and butter.
- On very low heat, cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce has the consistency of heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Step: 2 Meanwhile bring plenty of salted water to a boil.
- Pour gnocchi in the water and cook until they are all floating.
- Drain and put gnocchi back in the pasta pot.
- Pour the sauce over gnocchi and stir gently for a minute.
- Arrange on serving dish and top with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Optionally garnish with minced chives.
The Cookyummyfood Vista, CA
The Rating3 people
Cheese and gnocchi? What a better combination!?! Yum! ^5dancingfox in Butler loved it
~ Hello ~
Thank-you for posting a "5'FORK!!!!! recipe
that is "Heaven on a Plate" ~
This is me SMILING (^_^) after I
have had a 'bite'~
~*~ mjcmcook ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Oh yeah...gorgonzola and gnocchi...YUM! We make our own gnocchi on my husband's grandmother's board. Never had gorgonzola sauce with it though!! It sounds luscious. 5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!