Coconut Curry Shrimp with Brown BasmatiFrom kelliepitt 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. shrimp. Uncooked, Thawed, Shelled. shopping list
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. garlic, Minced. shopping list
- curry Sauce: shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. green curry paste shopping list
- 2 tsp. curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- Sriracha (Or any hot chili sauce) to taste. shopping list
- 1/3 C. Red, Green, and yellow peppers, Diced. shopping list
- 1/3 C. water chestnuts, Sliced. shopping list
- 1/2 C. Match Stick carrots, Raw. shopping list
- 1/4 C. pineapple chunks. shopping list
- 2 C. brown basmati rice (Regular Basmati, or Jasmati will also work well.) shopping list
- 4 C. vegetable or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium pot, bring broth to a boil, and add rice and olive oil. Follow cooking directions as noted, but rice should be done in about 50 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine curry sauce ingredients and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally. About 20 minutes.
- Pour curry sauce over shrimp, cover, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- When rice is just about finished, add sesame oil to a medium wok.
- Add minced garlic and brown.
- Add vegetables, pineapple, and curried shrimp, and stir fry until shrimp is cooked, and vegetables are slightly tender.
- Plate over a bed of the basmati.
- Add a few drops of hot chili sauce as needed for extra kick.