Dads German DoodlesFrom r_myers04 8 years ago
- Dad’s German Doodles shopping list
- 4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 ½ Cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Lbs bacon Slice cut into cubes shopping list
- 4 Large onions Dice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp garlic Mince shopping list
- 1 Can mushroom (Large ) (Opt) shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and
- add egg, milk, and butter. Mix by hand.
- 2 When all the flour is incorporated and the dough is
- Smooth roll out on a floured surface. Cut in desired lengths.
- 3 Cook in boiling chicken broth until done (probably about 35 minutes).
- Or until done (Make sure you use a very pot)
- 4 Fry Bacon and Onions keep grease when Doodles are done put into
- The pot and cook at medium heat when done let simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Notes: I've started cutting my doodles in squares to make what is
- Called dumplings down here. Up north they were just plain doodles.
- I usually make a double and sometimes a triple batch
The Cookr_myers04 Waterford, MI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!