Creamy Polenta Stuffed Chicken With Cranberry Apricot RelishFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup instant polenta meal shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup half and half shopping list
- 4 ounces diced green chilies shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Relish: shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/3 teaspoon minced fresh ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken broth in heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Gradually stir in polenta then reduce heat to medium and continue whisking to prevent lumping.
- When thick remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Empty polenta into mixing bowl and stir in cheese, half and half and chilies.
- Beat with mixer on high speed for 2 minutes then refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Slit pockets in chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stuff pockets very full with polenta then arrange chicken in roasting pan.
- Place in 375 oven for 30 minutes then arrange on platter and ladle relish over top.
- To make relish place sugar and water in heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook stirring until sugar is dissolved then bring to a boil without stirring.
- Add cranberries, apricots, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger.
- Reduce heat to simmer then uncover and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat to cool.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!