Fried Shrimp With Salsa Para MariscosFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound large shrimp shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canned diced jalapenos shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced spanish onion shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein shrimp leaving tails intact.
- Whisk flour, beer, salt, cayenne and olive oil together until a smooth batter forms.
- Batter is best when covered and set aside for 4 hours.
- Heat oil for frying in a skillet or large saute pan then hold shrimp by tails and dip into batter.
- Fry until shrimp turn golden brown then drain on paper towels before serving.
- Accompany with salsa.
- To make salsa combine diced tomatoes, jalapenos, vinegar and spices in a food processor.
- Run food processor a few moments until tomatoes have been nearly pureed yet still chunky.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add the sliced onion then stir well and cover then chill.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!