Cranberry StuffingFrom m11andrade 6 years ago
- 1 c. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 c. celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 c. onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 9 c. soft bread cubes (about 15 slices) shopping list
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries shopping list
- 1c. walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. dried sage (OR 2 T. chopped fresh sage) shopping list
- 1 t. dried thyme (OR 1 T. chopped fresh thyme) shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat and cook celery and onion, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir about one-third of the bread cubes into the skillet. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining bread cubes and all other ingredients; toss to coat.
- Stuff mixture into turkey just before roasting.
- NOTE: To bake stuffing separately, place it into a greased 3-quart casserole dish, 13 x 9-inches. Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.