Meat and Potato ChiliFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 1 T. oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 6 cups beef broth (or 6 c. water + 6 beef boullion cubes) shopping list
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomato, undrained shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 4 T. chili powder (more if you like it spicy!) shopping list
- 1 T. cumin shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1 t. pepper shopping list
- 2 diced jalapeños (or 1 small can diced green chiles) shopping list
- 4 c. potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add meat, onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring to brown all sides of the meat. Drain off fat, then add all remaining ingredients, except potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 40 minutes, or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and cook 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.