Rice Almondine With Peas And MushroomsFrom m11andrade 7 years ago
- 1/4 c. slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T. dried parsley shopping list
- 1 c. uncooked long grain or converted rice shopping list
- 1 T. margarine or butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. onion, minced shopping list
- 1/4 c. fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 c. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Toast almonds in non-stick skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until lightly toasted.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine broth, parsley and margarine or butter. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and all other ingredients. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Toss in almonds.