Healthy Apple Blueberry MuffinsFrom pumas087 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup of all natural applesauce (no sugar added) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 medium apple, peeling on, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put liners into 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. The batter will be kind of lumpy. Fold in the shredded apple and blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups til they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- These muffins are so good for you, my one year old daughter can't get enough of them!
The Cookpumas087 Mediapolis, IA
The Rating3 people
These sound so nice and delicious for a cup of tea. Nice post.linspj in New Hartford loved it
Sounds Great! I'm not a baker but this looks like something I might try this winter. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
These were good and very healthy. They were a wee bit doughy which is why I didn't give it a 5-star rating but still tasted good. I wish I would have gone with my instinct though and not used paper muffin cups because the muffins all stuck to the p...morechenrick in Sioux Lookout loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!