Healthy Apple Blueberry MuffinsFrom pumas087 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup of all natural applesauce (no sugar added) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 medium apple, peeling on, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put liners into 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. The batter will be kind of lumpy. Fold in the shredded apple and blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups til they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- These muffins are so good for you, my one year old daughter can't get enough of them!
The Cookpumas087 Mediapolis, IA
The Rating3 people
Sounds Great! I'm not a baker but this looks like something I might try this winter. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
These sound so nice and delicious for a cup of tea. Nice post.linspj in New Hartford loved it
These were good and very healthy. They were a wee bit doughy which is why I didn't give it a 5-star rating but still tasted good. I wish I would have gone with my instinct though and not used paper muffin cups because the muffins all stuck to the p...morechenrick in Sioux Lookout loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!