Tinks Lemon Chiffon Pie- Refrigerator PieFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 8 - ounces ( 250 g) golden oatmeal biscuits (in the cookie section) shopping list
- 2 1/2- ounces ( 75 g) melted butter shopping list
- 4- eggs separarted shopping list
- rind of 1 lemon grated shopping list
- 1/2- cup caster sugar shopping list
- 1/2- cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2- teaspoons gelatin shopping list
- 1/4- cup white wine................plus extra to drink as you make this haha!! shopping list
- 1/4- cup caster sugar extra shopping list
- lemon slices..for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Blend or process biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs
- mix with butter and press it into a 8 3/4 inch sprinform pan pressing crumbs as far up the sides as possible...............
- beat egg yolks with sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
- heat lemon juice over high heat until boiling, slowly poue egg mixture in a thin steady stream while motor is operating
- dissolve gelatin in wine in a doubl broiler over simmering water; stir into egg mixture.
- beat egg whites until stiff, gradually add the extra sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes.
- fold into egg/lemon mixture and pour into biscuit crust
- refridgerate to set
- decorate with lemon slices..................
- serves 6
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating7 people
LAW my Tink..yous gonna hafta send ME the healin
letters! U know this uns a 5er!! FFF groupies
BTW..(we MISS you!!:))
lanacountry in Macon loved it
Gotta FLAG on it too! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
this looks good yumm yumm 55555555frodo in meadville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!