Sauteed Red Snapper Fillets With Lemon Asparagus PureeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cut tips off asparagus spears and reserve.
- Cut all spears into 1/2" pieces and cook in saucepan of salted boiling water for 6 minutes.
- Transfer cooked asparagus with a slotted spoon to a blender.
- Purée with 1 cup cooking liquid reserving remaining cooking liquid in pan.
- Keep purée warm in a small saucepan.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- Return reserved cooking liquid to a boil and blanch reserved asparagus tips until just tender.
- Drain tips and immediately transfer to ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain tips and reserve for garnish.
- Scrub potato and cut lengthwise into four thick slices.
- In saucepan cook potato slices in salted boiling water to cover until tender about 5 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl then keep potatoes warm and covered.
- Pat snapper dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In large non stick skillet heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- Cook fish skin sides down about 3 minutes or until skin is golden brown.
- Turn fish over and cook 2 minutes more or until just cooked through.
- Whisk lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste into asparagus purée.
- Spoon some sauce onto 4 plates and top each portion with a potato slice and a fish fillet.
- Garnish fish with asparagus tips and serve remaining sauce on side.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!