Acorn Squash With Apple FillingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 acorn squash shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet wine shopping list
- 3 medium apples shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Halve squash and scoop out seeds and stringy interiors.
- Trim undersides so halves will sit flat.
- Brush cut surfaces with melted butter then sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.
- Place in baking pan with cut sides down.
- Put 1/2 cup water in pan then bake squash 30 minutes in preheated 350 oven.
- While squash is baking soak raisins in wine to plump then chop apples to 1/2" cubes.
- In small frying pan melt butter and add apples then cook 5 minutes and stir in sugar and juice.
- When squash has cooked 30 minutes turn cut sides up.
- Drain raisins and add to apple mixture then fill squash cavities.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes more or until tender.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!