Mozzarella In CarrozzaFrom j9gem 7 years ago
How to make it
- Bring small pot of water to a boil.
- Pour boiling water over tomatoes to let plump for a few minutes.
- While tomatoes are soaking, use a large round cookie cutter (or a small drinking glass) to cut circles from the middle of each slice of bread.
- On 6 of the bread circles, place 2 basil leaves and one slice mozzarella.
- Remove tomatoes from water and blot dry on paper towels.
- If they aren't aren't julienned, slice them up a bit.
- Lay equal amounts of tomato on each sandwich.
- Sprinkle with S & P.
- Top each sandwich with remaining bread.
- Heat skillet over med-high heat with 2-3 tbl olive oil.
- Fill one dish with flour and another with beaten eggs.
- Dust each sandwich with flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Place carefully in heated pan.
- Cook until golden brown and cheese is melted. About 3 mins per side.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve.