Biscuit-topped Lemon ChickenFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 2 large onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 gallon milk shopping list
- 12 cups cooked chicken, cubed shopping list
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted. shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- **Cheddar biscuits shopping list
- 5 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Butter two 13x9x2 baking pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onions, celery and garlic in butter.
- Add green onions.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, soup, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper and salt.
- Heat through.
- Pour into the two prepared baking dishes.
- Set aside.
- Combine biscuit ingredients in a large bowl until just moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4" thickness.
- Cut out 30 biscuits, using a 2 1/2" biscuit cutter.
- Place 15 biscuits on top of each pan of chicken mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!