Macaroni And CheeseFrom momofonesofar 5 years ago
- 2 cups dry macaroni shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup instant dry milk powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted (1/2 a stick) shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cheese (colby is traditional) shopping list
- 4 oz of Velveeta type cheese, cut into chunks OR the equivalent of sliced sandwich cheese, torn into smallish pieces shopping list
- a pinch of dry mustard shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- First boil the macaroni until it in tender in plenty of boiling salted water. When it is soft, drain it very well.
- Meanwhile oil a 3-quart casserole or a 9 by 13-inch rectangular pan. Combine the dry milk powder, water, melted margarine, eggs, dry mustard and salt in the oiled casserole. I use a whisk to get it all emulsified nicely.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and Velveeta-type cheese (or torn up sandwich slices) into the milk mixture. Add the macaroni too. Stir it all up until the cheese is sort of evenly distributed. One needn't be obsessive about this part; randomness of the cheese distribution stands out as one of the charms of this creamy delicacy. Every third bite or so, has an extra gooey bit of cheese in it, which delights the palette. Bake the casserole at 350 ° for about half an hour. The cheese should be melted, and the milk should be absorbed into the dish, making it creamy and delicious. If desired, a bit of shredded cheese may be sprinkled on top of the casserole before baking.
The Cookmomofonesofar SC
- Not added to any groups yet!