Orange Rice CakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then butter and flour a tube pan.
- Rinse rice under cold water then drain and cook rice in milk over medium low heat 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl beat egg yolks on high speed until they are pale yellow and doubled in volume.
- Add egg yolks to butter mixture and blend well then add to rice mixture.
- Stir in orange zest and raisins.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites to stiff peak stage then gently fold whites into rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes then cool on a wire rack 30 minutes before turning out.
- Cool completely then serve chilled.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!