Ancho Chilies Stuffed with Sweet PotatoesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 8 ancho chilies shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and boiled until tender then drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic purée shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Place chilies in a bowl and add hot water to cover then let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside then preheat oven to 350.
- In large saucepan melt butter over medium heat then add onion and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add raisins and brown sugar then stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add sweet potatoes and mash well then add garlic purée, cinnamon, thyme, pecans and salt.
- Slit each pepper along one side then carefully remove seeds leaving stem intact.
- Spoon an equal amount of sweet potato mixture into each pepper.
- Place slit side up on greased baking sheet and bake 3 minutes then serve with sour cream.