Roasted Garlic HummusFrom cjbarash 7 years ago
- 4 large cloves garlic, roasted shopping list
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed shopping list
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 7 Tbsp tahini shopping list
- Sprinkle of paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- To roast garlic: Cut off pointed end of whole garlic bulb; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Fold foil to seal. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 45 minutes or until cloves are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Put 4 roasted garlic cloves and salt into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Scrape down sides of processor, add 1 Tbsp water and run it again briefly.
- Drain liquid from chickpeas and rinse with fresh water.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, hot sauce and 2 Tbsp olive oil and run until mixture is smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup water and process for another minute or so.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl.
- Add tahini and mix in with a whisk.
- Spoon the hummus onto a large platter, working the pile out towards the edges, leaving a rim at the edge like that of a pizza crust.
- Pour a thin stream of olive oil around the top of the hummus.
- Dust the top lightly with paprika.
The Cookcjbarash Humble, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!