Beef GoulashFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless trimmed of fat chuck steak cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 white onion peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and quartered shopping list
- 1 ripe tomato peeled seeded and quartered shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 medium potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- Hot cooked noodles shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add beef a few pieces at a time then brown well on all sides.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- To drippings in Dutch oven add onion and garlic then saute 3 minutes.
- Return beef to pot and add paprika stirring to coat meat evenly.
- Stir in 1 cup water or enough to cover beef.
- Add green pepper, tomato, caraway seeds, salt and pepper then reduce heat to very low, cover and cook 2 hours.
- Add potatoes then cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Serve with noodles.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!