Seared Steaks with Caramelized Onions amp GorgonzolaFrom jvandehy 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided shopping list
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 4 cups) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 pound beef tenderloin (filet mignon) or sirloin steak, 1-1 1/4 inches thick, trimmed and cut into 4 steaks shopping list
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and brown sugar and cook, stirring often, until the onions are very tender and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Add broth, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the liquid has almost evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer the onions to a bowl; cover to keep warm. Clean and dry the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides of each steak. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn them over and top with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the steaks are cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Serve the steaks with the caramelized onions.
The Cookjvandehy Lafayette, CO
The Rating4 people
know this is delicous great flavors and ingredients thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy......and of course a high 5. This sounds incredible.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!