Homemade Curry PowderFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 6 whole cloves shopping list
- 8 dried red chilies broken into pieces and seeds discarded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons roasted chickpeas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- In a dry fry pan over medium high heat combine coriander, mustard, fenugreek, cumin, peppercorns, cloves and chilies.
- Dry fry the spices shaking the pan constantly to prevent them from burning until they are fragrant about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl then add the chickpeas and turmeric and let cool.
- When completely cool transfer spice mixture to a mortar, blender or coffee grinder reserved solely for spices and pound or process until finely powdered.
- Use immediately or store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.