Gum Drop CakeFrom bakerygirl 6 years ago
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water shopping list
- 2 pounds assorted gum drop candy shopping list
- 1 pound raisins shopping list
- 1 cup toasted nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy; add eggs and beat until well mixed.
- Add applesauce and dissolved baking soda, mixing well.
- Add the flour mixture until mixed.
- Stir in the gum drops, raisins and nuts, mixing well.
- Spoon into a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube or Bundt baking pan.
- Bake in 300*F (150*C) oven for 2 hours.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.