Poached Egg and Bacon Salad - Salad LyonnaiseFrom peacekeeper0 5 years ago
- A handful of fresh frisee lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2 strips bacon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 slice French or Italian bread and a little butter to make buttered croutons shopping list
- 1 Poached egg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook two strips of bacon on medium heat until done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, let drain of excess fat on a paper towel. Once cool, chop.
- Cut a slice of French or Italian bread into cubes. Toast on medium high heat in a small saucepan with a teaspoon of melted butter. Do not stir bread unless to turn to a different side once one side is toasted.
- Poach egg your favorite way.
- Layer the frisée, bacon, shallots, and croutons on a salad plate. In a small jar, mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad. Top with the poached egg.