Caramel Apple Pudding CakeFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. apple pie spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 c. dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 2 medium (2 c.) apples, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. hot water shopping list
- 1/3 c. butter, melted shopping list
- heavy whipping cream, whipped, sweetened shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking soda, apple pie spice and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture alternately with corn syrup and 1 cup water, beating well after each addition.
- Place apples and pecans into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour batter over top; sprinkle with 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups hot water and 1/3 cup melted butter in medium bowl; carefully pour over top of batter. Bake for 35 to 50 minutes or until cake is cracked on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
- *Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice.