Sopapillas With Cinnamon And SugarFrom justweplus3 7 years ago
How to make it
- You can buy the tortilla mix at the store and then follow the very simple directions on the bag...all you need to add to the mix is warm water and you will need to cover the dough with a damp towel and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before rolling it. Once the tortillas are rolled out you can go onto the next step!
- Fill a pan about a 1/2 an inch deep with cooking oil and place on stove over Medium-High heat.
- Once hot, place a tortilla in carefully and fry on each side only a few seconds until golden brown (the tortilla will bubble up, you want this to happen, so don't freak out!) LoL!
- Remove the tortilla from pan when done and place on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle a bit of the cinnamon-sugar on both sides.
- Repeat the entire process with each tortilla, Enjoy!
- NOTE: You can also cut the tortillas into triangles and get the same result only smaller, good for the kids!!!! I have also had these with powdered sugar in place of the cinnamon and sugar and dipped in honey! Have fun with them and find your own favorite way of eating them!!
The Cookjustweplus3 Wright City, MO
The Rating3 people
these sound amazing and you're right - incredibly easy! serving suggestion - put a few on a plate around a bowl of whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce, and use it like a "dip". (I did that once with cinnamon sugar pita chips and it was grea...moremadmommy in Wayne loved it
This is a simple keep in the pantry dessert. thanks kids loved these with honey. Oh great treat.tinadunlap in Greenwood loved it
Although these are much better when made with fresh tortillas, in a pinch you can use the ready-made tortillas from the market. These are great! I've also just added salt and served with a warm shrimp dip. Very very good. Gave it a 5!!!froggie2929 in Mountain View loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!