Hearty Beef Stew With Mushrooms Carrots And PotatoesFrom prochefblog 8 years ago
- 1200 gr boneless beef chuck, cut into 20 mm pieces shopping list
- 100 gr all purpose flour shopping list
- 5 gr fresh thyme shopping list
- 5 gr paprika shopping list
- 100 ml olive oil shopping list
- 200 gr brown onions, shredded shopping list
- 50 gr garlic cloves, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 300 gr shitake mushrooms, cut into 4 shopping list
- 300 gr tomatoes, skinned and deseeded shopping list
- 300 gr carrots, peeled and cut into 20 mm pieces shopping list
- 300 gr small potatoes, scrubbed shopping list
- 900 ml beef stock shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Place beef in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with flour, thyme, paprika and generous amounts of salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Heat amounts of the oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add beef and sauté until brown, about 6 min
- Place beef to a large pot after each batch; reserve any flour in bowl.
- Sauté the prepared onions and garlic in an amount of oil. When slightly colored add to pot with the beef.
- Sauté the prepared mushrooms for 2 min, add to a pot with the beef.
- Add reserved flour mixture to pot.
- Add beef stock and prepared tomatoes, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer until beef is almost tender, about 60 min.
- Add prepared carrots and potatoes, simmer uncovered, until beef and vegetables are tender and sauce thickens, about 30 min. Adjust seasoning.