Pollo Relleno - Stuffed ChickenFrom sweetwords 6 years ago
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs) shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tack seasoning mix (1/2 of a pkg) shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 4oz can diced green chilies, drained shopping list
- 4oz monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes or ground red pepper shopping list
- 8oz bottle taco sauce shopping list
- Chopped tomato, opt. shopping list
- cilantro, opt. shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place each piece between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound chicken with a meat malletto 1/8" thickness. Remove plastic.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine cornmeal and seasoning mix in a medium plate. Place egg in a small, shallow bowl.
- Spoon a few green chilies on a chicken piece and sprinkle with cilantro, black and red pepper, and cheese.
- Fold in sides of chicken. Roll up. Dip roll into egg then into cornmeal mixture. Place roll, seam side down, in a shallow baking pan or casserole. Repeat to make 6 rolls.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- To serve, pour taco sauce on each roll, sprinkle with cheese, and garnish with tomato and cilantro.