Wild Rice SaladFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 cup wild rice shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, whole shopping list
- 6 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (your choice) shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup green, pimento stuffed olives, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the rice overnight in cold water.
- Simmer in stock with garlic clove, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- **Will be almost dry.
- Discard the garlic.
- Saute scallions in butter.
- When scallions soften, add chopped mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Add mixture to the rice.
- Add the bacon, olives, oil, vinegar, marjoram & salt and pepper.
- Cover salad.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Toss and serve.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating3 people
a very,very good rice recipe...this can eatten as is, 5pts...and thanksfrodo in meadville loved it
Excellent recipe - bookmarked and a high 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
I've been looking for some good wild rice recipes. I will definitely tag this one (maybe sub something for the bacon). Thanks so much!themissiah in Ringgold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!