Basil Tomato SauceFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 28 ounces roma tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add minced garlic.
- Saute 30 seconds more.
- Add tomatoes, sugar (if desired), red pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes OR until desired consistency.
- Stir in basil.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Makes three cups.