Cold Glazed HamFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
How to make it
- Remove ham from can. Pull off as much gelatin as you can with your fingers.
- Place ham under hot tap water to dissolve remainder of the gelatin.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place ham on wire rack over shallow baking pan.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over water and let soften.
- Add 1/4 cup consomme. Cook, stirring, over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining consomme and wine or juice. Let stand until thickened.
- Pour a little of the thickened consomme over top of ham, allowing excess to run down sides of ham. Spread sides with knife.
- Continue to pour glaze over until glazed to desired thickness.
- Sprinkle top with fresh parsley.
- Serve with an assortment of mustards.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- upstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!