Mashed Sweet PotatoesFrom spoil_me2 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 meduim carrots, peeled and cut into 1- inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced fat margarine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sweet ptatoes and carrots in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water; bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer until the vegetabless are very tender, about 15 to 20 minutes;drain.
- Return vegetables to the pan; add milk, margarine, salt, brown sugar, orange juice and nutmeg.
- Mash the potato mixture over low heat
- Then whip the potatoes to the desire consistency.
- Serve immediately
- Per Serving:
- 140 Calories
- 28g Carbohydrates
- 3g protein
- 2g fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 2g fiber
- 58mg sodium