Crockpot Beef StewFrom bozwa 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs stew meat (I used a beef chuck boneless shoulder I had gotten on sale - chopped up into 1" or so pieces) shopping list
- 5 cups chopped fresh veggies (I used potatoes [cut into small pieces], onion, celery and carrots) shopping list
- 1 packet beef stew seasoning (I used McCormick Slow Cooker beef Stew packet - on sale. :) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- Whatever other seasonings you would like. I used italian seasonings, black pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
- Slices of bread shopping list
How to make it
- Throw stew meat and veggies in the crock pot (I used a large crock pot for this).
- Mix 1 1/2 cups water with beef stew packet; Pour over meat and veggies.
- Add other seasonings.
- Stir to coat everything.
- Cook on low for 8 hours minimum (I left mine on for 12 hours on low and it was scrumptious).
- About an hour before serving, mix together corn starch and 2 Tbsp water until mixture is smooth and add to crock pot. Stir to distribute.
- Eat up! I serve mine over slices of bread.