A Faux Ritzy Apple PieFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie shopping list
- 1 egg white, beaten shopping list
- 20 Ritz crackers, coarsely broken shopping list
- 20 saltine crackers, coarsely broken shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a 9" pie plate with half the pastry.
- Brush with beaten egg white, then place the cracker pieces in the crust and set aside.
- Heat water, sugars and cream of tartar to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and peel, cool completely.
- Pour syrup over cracker crumbs.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with remaining pastry, slit steam holes into the "lid".
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Cool completely before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!