Butternut Squash with Apples and CranberriesFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- 1 lg. butternut squash ( looking to have 2-3 cups cooked squash ) shopping list
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar (or granualted Splenda to save calories) shopping list
- 1/2 c. apple cider shopping list
- 2 c. cranberries shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted (butter for holidays - margerine stil works) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut squash in half. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine apples with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup apple cider in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cinnamon. Cook until juices evaporated, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine cranberries with remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup apple cider in another heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add Cloves. Cook until juices evaporate, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- Peel skin off squash. Cut squash into 2 inch pieces and place in 12x9 inch baking dish. Mix in apples and cranberries. Pour butter over and toss. Bake until heated through, about 10 minutes See Photo. Serve hot. 8 servings.