Chocolate Fried PiesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and cocoa in saucepan.
- Add milk, vanilla and butter then cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Cook 2 minutes longer then remove from heat and add vanilla then allow to cool.
- Combine baking mix and milk then roll pastry dough as thin as possible.
- Roll on floured surface then cut into 5” circles and moisten edges with water.
- Put 1 tablespoon filling in center of circle then fold over and press edges together.
- Heat 1” oil in skillet to medium heat then place 2 pies at a time in heated oil.
- Cook until golden brown on one side then turn and brown on other side.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.