Chocolate-Dipped Orange BiscottiFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup of sugar. shopping list
- ½ cup of vegetable oil. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange peel. shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla. shopping list
- 2 medium eggs. shopping list
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder. shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda. shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon of salt. shopping list
- 4 oz of semisweet chocolate, melted. shopping list
- Grated orange peel, if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of grated orange peel, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Shape half of dough at a time into a rectangle, 10 by 3 inches, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into half-inch slices.
- Place the slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning once, until crisp and light brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with orange peel.
- Place on waxed paper until the chocolate is firm.
- Store in a tightly covered tin.