BAKED CHICKEN COUNTRY CAPTAINFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 2 # chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 lg. onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 TB raisins shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 TB cooking oil shopping list
- 1 TB curry powder shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes, undrained, cut up shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground mace shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, curshed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 TB cornstarch shopping list
- 2 TB cold water shopping list
- 3 c. hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- If desired, skin chicken. Arrange chicken, onion wedges, green pepper pieces and raisins in a 2 qt. rectangular baking dish.
- In a small saucepan cook garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add curry powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, mace, thyme, and pepper. Bring to boiling; pour over ingredients in dish.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, vegetables and raisins to a platter.
- For sauce, measure pan juices; if necessary, add enough water to equal 2 cups. Transfer to a saucepan. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and cold wate; add to saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- To serve, spoon chicken, vegetables, and raisins over hot cooked rice. Spoon some of the sauce atop chicken; pass remaining sauce when serving. Makes 4
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!