Low Cal Vegetable SoupFrom jgnat 7 years ago
- 6 cups vegetable stock from bullion shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 parsnip, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup Chinese cabbage, cut about 1/2 inch squares shopping list
- 1/4 cup mung beans, soaked overnight shopping list
- 1/4 cup lentils shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup tomato juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Boil water for the bullion cubes. Pour water in to a stock pot, add cubes and dissolve.
- Meanwhile, saute onion, carrot, parsnip, and garlic in olive oil for about five minutes. All should be softened. I saute everything in my cast iron frying pan.
- Transfer the sauted vegetables to the stock pot, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for thirty minutes.
The Cookjgnat Edmonton, CA
The Rating3 people
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
To accommodate CEA-HOW:
1) Use 3 c broth instead of 6
2) Use 3 pounds total veggies (will have to add more of whatever veggie is your fave from this recipe)
Once you do that, the ~TOTAL~ recipe will have:
- 3 svgs oil
-...moreceliac_ceahow_martine in Newcastle loved it
I messed up the Rating and accidentally clicked 2 forks and I can't figure out how to fix it --- grrrr! This should have a ***** FIVE (5) FORKS rating ***** from me! Thanks for posting it - I added it to my CEA-HOW recipe group too.celiac_ceahow_martine in Newcastle loved it