Cream of Spinach and Artichoke SoupFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces Frozen Cut spinach shopping list
- 6 cups Rich homemade chicken stock (make before the day that you make your soup) shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 1 can (13 - 14 ounces) artichoke hearts (Drain and squeeze most of the juice out of the artichokes and cut in 1/4 or just pull them apart) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons White salt shopping list
- 1/2 A yellow onion, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Start this creamy spinach soup by adding six cups of rich homemade chicken stock to a large soup pot and turn the heat on the stove-top to medium high.
- When the stock begins to boil reduce the heat to medium low and add eight ounces frozen cut spinach, half a chopped yellow onion, one tablespoon of minced garlic and the drained, squeezed and cut artichokes. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the white salt and black pepper. Stir Well
- (You may want a pair of latex gloves for this step). Cut the cream cheese into small slices, each time you cut a slice off add it to the pot until it's all gone. Stir well, until it's totally melted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add 1 pint of heavy cream to the pot and stir well. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- All done, grab a few bowls and serve this creamy spinach soup recipe to your friends and or family and enjoy.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating5 people
WOW ~~~ I am so Lucky to find another
of Your Creamy Wonderful "5"FORK!!!!!
recipes ~ This is a 'MUST-TRY' ~
~~~ (^_^) ~~~
~*~ mj ~*~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Very yummy...thanks so much!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
WOW! so good and healthy, too!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!