Creamy Chicken Cheese EnchiladasFrom pixarfreak 6 years ago
- enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 T oil shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1-28 oz can of your choice of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast shopping list
- Shredded chicken shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1-4 oz can diced green chilies shopping list
- 1/3 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 12 yellow corn tortillas shopping list
- 1/3 c canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion in oil in a large pan for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Toss in the seasonings, stir around a few times. Pour in the sauce, reduce heat and cook for 8 minutes, until slightly thickened. Stir in the salt. Finally, lay the chicken breast in the sauce and simmer until cooked thoroughly. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Shred that chicken.
- Mix 1 cup of cheese with remaining ingredients altogether and set aside.
- Heat the oil to pretty hot. Slowly drop each tortilla into oil and remove after 20 seconds. At this point you could dip each tortilla in to the sauce, but I don't. I do spread a ladle or two of the sauce into my baking dish. Lay the tortilla in the baking dish, fill the tortilla with chicken filling, and roll up. Place seam side down.
- Top the enchiladas with remaining sauce and remaining 1/2 cheese. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. I served with refried beans, sour cream, and shredded lettuce. And, yes, I had leftovers for lunch the next day.
The Cookpixarfreak Greensburg, PA
The Rating4 people
This is a Wonderful "5"FORK!!!!! recipe for
Enchiladas ~ I really like your ingredients
to make the 'Sauce' from 'Scratch' !
This is SOOOOOOOOOOO Much better than the canned ~
Thank-you for sharing ~
~*~ mjcmcook...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Oh, yeah! This is a keeper - I am printing it as I write! Of course, high5~elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!