Cranberry Cake With Hot Butter SauceFrom froggystyle 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 tbl butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup cream or half and half shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 13 x 9 in baking dish.
- To make the cake, sift together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs. Add milk alternately with the dry ingredients, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir in cranberries. Transfer to pan and bake 30 mins or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium- low heat and cook 10 mins or until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Pour over cake and serve.
- Other tips: You can also substitute for blueberries, blakberries or raspberries.
The Cookfroggystyle Markham, IL
The Rating4 people
Lovely! And mostly pantry ingredients, big plus. I think this is perfect 5. Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Oh, this will look so festive! Great posting and perfect timing! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
oh my gosh this is by far the best cake i have ever had, if you make it right and put in the effort (yes you will have a handful of dishes left over) but it is so darn good. i absolutely loved it.Meggerz in Lehi loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!