Veggie-sausage And Lentil SoupFrom samantha_cat 5 years ago
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 7 ounces dried brown lentils shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (green) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed shopping list
- 2 Tofurky (or other brand) veg sausage, diced shopping list
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cups veggie stalk shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- a dash of liquid smoke shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat in a large soup pot. Stir in lentils, cabbage, garlic, and onion, cook until tender. Add other tablespoon olive oil if needed.
- Stir in vegetarian sausage and can of tomatoes.
- Pour in 4 cups of veggie stalk.
- Stir in bay leaf, cayenne, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender (about 30 to 45 mins).
The Cooksamantha_cat FL
The Rating2 people
Thank-you for posting this
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Veggie' recipe ~
I wish that more cooks appreciated the
'taste-flavor' of ingredients that have
a 'veggie' base~
~*~ mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!