I Cant Believe Its Reduced-fat Whole Wheat Banana BreadFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 honey shopping list
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 5 ripe bananas, mashed (or lightly pureed) shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups Whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar or brown sugar or honey shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine oil, applesauce, honey and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and nutmeg, stirring gently to combine ingredients.
- Add baking soda to hot water. Stir to mix, then add to batter.
- Blend in walnuts. Stir just until smooth.
- Pour batter into 2 greased standard-size loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack for at least 1 hour before serving.