Pamelas homemade Chicken Noodle SoupFrom pamelanava 7 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned inside and out shopping list
- Enough water to cover chicken in stockpot shopping list
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbs parsley shopping list
- Approx. 1/2 pkg uncooked "No Yolk" egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Fill stockpot with enough water to submerge chicken, and add bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, slightly reduce heat and cook chicken, with a slight boil, with lid on, but vent open (or lid slightly askew) until no longer pink. (do not overcook!) About 45 minutes
- Carefully remove chicken from pot and transfer to a cutting board.
- Add chopped veggies to broth and bring to a boil for 5 minutes
- Add pasta to the chicken broth/veggie mixture. Cook according to pkg directions.
- Add salt and pepper
- Shred or cube chicken (carefully...it is very hot!) and return to broth, once pasta is cooked.
- Add parsley.