Cranberry Cottage PuddingFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 2 cups (8 oz.) cranberries shopping list
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- ------Lemon Sauce------- shopping list
- In small saucepan mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/8 tsp. salt, and 2 Tbsp. cprnstarch. Gradually stir in 1 cup boiling water. Cook, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. grated lemon peel. Serve hot. Makes about 1 3/4 cups. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Pick over cranberries. Rinse and put in medium saucepan with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until skins burst open. Drain. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine egg, milk, and butter. Add to dry ingredients. Mix only until
- ingredients are dampened. Fold in berries.
- Turn into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pick inserted near center comes
- out clean.
- Cut in squares. Serve warm with the sauce.