Cranberry SconesFrom blueeyes68ky 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift together first four ingredients.
- Using a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Make a well in the center of dough an pour in one cup of heavy cream.
- Being careful not to overwork the dough, gently combine the crumbly mixter with the cream.
- Fold in the cranberries and pat dough out, on a lightly floured surface, into a long rectangle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut dough into 4 squares and cut each piece diagonally to form 8 triangles.
- Brush with remaining 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 8.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- lemonlavenderlane Northern, Wisconsin
- cupcakelove1219 Kansas City, MO
- herby Albany, NY
- dollhead Mechanicville, US
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- meals4abby Valders, WI
- dolce8 Huntington Beach, CA
- swanmitch Andover, MN
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- blueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating4 people
Mmmm...these sound yummy! These are perfect for the holiday season. Thanks for sharing!meals4abby in Valders loved it
love them scones thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree, love these!herby in Albany loved it