Carrot Onion Soup with a Toasted Cashew GarnishFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds thin carrots peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons long grain rice shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 1 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly toasted cashews coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10-inch skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the sauté to a soup pot with stock, honey, carrots, tomato paste and rice.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to medium low and let simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a food processor and puree with the orange zest, juice, cream, salt and pepper. Serve very hot in cups garnished with a sprinkle of the toasted cashews.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!