Basic Chicken EnchiladasFrom gregschwartz 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, boiled and chopped (or substitute a block of pressed tofu) shopping list
- 2 tsp oil for sautéing shopping list
- 1/2 med. onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can green chilies shopping list
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, if time allows) shopping list
- 4 oz. grated cheddar shopping list
- 1 egg (optional) shopping list
- corn tortillas shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
- 1 can enchilada sauce (we used red) shopping list
- some additional cheddar for topping the enchiladas shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the chicken, allow to cool a bit before chopping, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté the onion and pepper on med. high, stirring occasionally, for seven minutes
- Add garlic and green chilies, lower heat to medium and continue sautéing for two minutes, stirring frequently
- Combine chicken, sautéed vegetables, cream cheese, grated cheddar and, optionally, the egg in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a few healthy tablespoons in a line across the middle of a corn tortilla and roll the tortilla around it.
- Place each tortilla seam down in a glass or foil-lined baking dish. I was able to get 10 in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top, making sure to cover all of the exposed tortilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, topping with the additional cheddar if desired after 15 minutes
- Serve with sour cream, if desired
The Cookgregschwartz Madison, IN
The Rating2 people
This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm in the mood for mexican food!meals4abby in Valders loved it
This recipe sounds so good. Cream cheese. I've never tried them with cream cheese. I bet they are to die for. 5 forks, wish I could give you more. Good posting.
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it