Roasted Root Vegetables with Walnut PestoFrom eclaires 8 years ago
- Vegetables: shopping list
- 3 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 3 cups sliced parsnips shopping list
- 3 cups cubed, peeled turnip shopping list
- 3 cups trimmed, halved Brussels sprouts shopping list
- 2 shallots, peeled, quartered shopping list
- 1 lg. onion, cut into 8 wedges shopping list
- Pesto (if making ahead, let stand for bout 15 minutes at room temperature before tossing with vegetables): shopping list
- 2 cups basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-Reggiano shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 4 t EVOO shopping list
- 2 T water shopping list
- 1 T fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- To prepare vegetables, place first 6 ingredients in single layer on jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat vegetable mixture with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper; toss.
- Bake at 425 for 1 hour or until browned.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- To prepare pesto, combine basil leaves & remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides.
- Spoon basil mixture over vegetables (after baked), toss to coat.
The Cookeclaires Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!