Boiled Apple Cider And Raisin CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 3 cups raisins ( part dark, golden and even part dried cranberries ) shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking soda shopping list
- Optional Galze: shopping list
- powder sugar shopping list
- cream shopping list
- vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a pot place all ingreidents except for the flour and baking soda.
- Bring to a boil, stir to melt butter or margarine.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour and baking soda and salt.
- Pour in cooled apple cider mixture.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Mixture may foam/bubble due to baking soda.
- Fill mini loaf pans ( grease and flour ) 1/2 full, recipe should be enough for 8 minis or a few 8 x 4 inch loaves and even a few 8 or 9 inch square pans
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes for smaller loaves and 30 to 40 minutes for larger loaves or until tested done in center with tooth pick.
- Cool in loaf pans 5 to 10 minutes and carefully remove to complete cooling.
- Or keep in your cake pan or foil pans for gift giving.
- Flavor improves with age
- Opt. Icing:
- Mix enough powder sugar, cream and vanila to make a drizzle glaze and spoon over loaves/cake pans.
- Let set.
- Wrap and freeze or wrap and store overnight for next day serving
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
oh, I do so remember this recipe! great post !herby in Albany loved it
Midge, I just want to let you know we made this and it was just great. Normally neither of us are big bakers but with the holidays coming and this looked easy and we had the ingrdients. We froze all but one loaf and have eaten the one we left for our...moreherby in Albany loved it
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
All Holidays135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members